stretched over a metal frame, which are hit by felt-covered
wooden hammers operated by a keyboard.
2. Any of several species of black and white fast-running African
mammals related to the horse.
3. A comprehensive reference work containing articles on a wide
range of subjects or on numerous aspects of a particular field.
4. A mound or ridge of wind-blown sand formed in arid regions or
5. October 31, celebrated by children wearing costumes and
6. A figure of speech in which a thing is described by being
likened to something, usually using "as" or "like".
7. An iron or wooden grating suspended vertically in grooves in
the gateway of a castle or fortified town.
8. A metal sheath or tag at the end of a shoelace, ribbon, etc.
9. A cloth cover for a soldier's cap with a long flap that
extends down the back.
10. A small decorative paper frill used to garnish the bone end
of a lamb or veal chop.