I figure, why not cough a little
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Bought a steam clearner. Read the Dead Sea Scrolls (translated). Met up with LJ peeps I dodn't already know IRL. Dressed up as an Indian god. Wandered around Glouceter MA. Went to a Crawfish Boil. Hung out with friends my own age in Maine.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any for 2003. 2004 holds 2, which I think I should be able to stick to.
3. Did anyone close to you have children?
Yep. Few people. Good for them.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yep. Couple people. Bad for them.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Texas count?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
More sanity and free time.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday, since chellez pulled the GD wool over my eyes and surprised me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I managed to maintain a lucrative yet time consuming side job while adding a nearly equal one to the works and STILL manage to keep my sanity.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Assuming certain things about people which left me in dire straits later.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No major illness, no major injury.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new GBA SP.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
chellez, for not killing our ex-roomate. bruteforcemethd for doin the change of pace lawschool thing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? appalled?
See comments re: previous roomate.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving, furniture, not wedding plans =/
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Starwars Galaxies (flop) and NWN (yay!). New books by King and Salvatore, as well as Umberto Eco. Sex and the City going away forever!
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Milkshake song. Definitely the milkshake song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. Thinner or fatter?
iii. Richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend your favorite holiday?
Watching Evil Dead. Going to [Bad username: a fun party] couple days later.
21. What happened to 21?
Eh? That is a dumb question.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Was already there =).
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Carnivale - up to the finale - done with that now, and hoping that 6FU pulls up on the stick.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Guns Germs and Steel and Mapping Human History: Discovering the Past Through Our Genes.
Crossroads of Twilight or Baudolino.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
An mp3 player (it is in the mail).
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday?
I got surprised by my g/f and friends at a party at my 'rents palce.
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding a non-ghetto apartment with a closer commute at a good price.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
34. What kept you sane?
chellez, intense mental training
35. Celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
er, "fancy" is an odd verb - lets jsut say, i still think Tom Waits kicks ass.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
FOIA Vs Patriot/Homeland Security BS
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
red_dinosaur. Having a friend as a co-worker is definitely a good thing.
39. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2003?
Texas is closer than you think!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Just another Dime Store novel.