1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Got out of debt. Became a full-time manager. Started wearing a suit daily for work. Matched lies with lies to get my heart removed via my ass, and played like a sucka. Hung out on a beach with nothing to do. Flew in to Albany. Cried at a book. Backed off from a relationship out of fear. Lost friends because of anger, made friends (tangentially) via pain. Moved to the West Side.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions - they seem a weak self-serving idea.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Not hanging with a particularly preggers crowd.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
"Close" as in family, no. Did put three more notches on the belt this year though, two for people I've hung with in person. One was someone I talked to for years, and never met in person. No suicides this year. That is a plus.
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't pond hop this year, but hope to make that change soon!
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Stability, financial security, forward momentum.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got out of debt, at great personal cost to what I have always hoped for my future.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Trying to rekindle a past relationship with someone, assuming they wanted the same things I did without knowing it before applying spark to kindling.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my new puter with twin 20" monitors (#2 returned yesterday).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
cercaria and techtraum, for returning to the coast with the most, despite their avocado-driven desires and palm tree pipe dreams.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Only a couple people I know personally. Most of it is based on politics, the majority of it connected to the executive branch.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt, rent, and a little bit of splurging on some furniture.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See #9, #11, #12.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
The remix of "Goldigger" using "George Bush doesn't care about black people".
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? less total debt, same month-to-month situation (for the short-term foreseeable future anyhow)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping, being depressed, and probably drinking.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Um, was with my fam and L. - things went pretty well!
21. What LJ users did you meet?
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
23. How many one-night stands?
More than there should have been, ironically, in a very short period of time.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Family Guy. Lately, Boondocks.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, the people I hate are VERY few, and haven't changed much.
26. What was the best book you read?
The end of the Dark Tower series, The Dark Tower
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A new computer, out of debt, and most recently, a Neuros MPEG4 Recorder 2!
29. What did you want and not get?
A new bed/mattress (coming soon!), a desk and chair.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toughie. I didn't see too many movies. Sin City.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Not much. I believe I sat around on my duff. I was old enough not to care, or make it a big deal.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having shadows of the past hanging over every step I take forward.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
WTF? Fashion? I bought a lot of tshirts online from Tshirthell and Topatoco if that counts.
34. What kept you sane?
Tom Waits and Jack Daniels.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't fancy celebs. Sorry. I did get to see Tom Waits this year though, which was pretty fucking awesome.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Katrina, and how that links to the gross mismanagement of our country via current paramilitary exercises, and the spin those powers have use to keep and increase their powers.
37. Who did you miss?
Some old friends long gone.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
L. The rest of the posse she is a part of (most of which I met through rhodamine and fonem before meeting her) is pretty damn cool.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Even if you are the most sober in an emergency situation, you can still be dumb enough to walk into a police station with a switchblade in your pocket.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"She said Mister anywhere you point this thing
Has got to beat the hell out of the sting
Of going to bed with every dream that dies here every morning
And so drill me a hole with a barber pole
And I'm jumping my parole just like a fugitive tonight
Why don't you have another swig
And pass that car if you're so brave
I wanna get there before the sun comes up in Burma Shave"